Kew's Longest Established Agent
Proudly celebrating 150 years in business W. Hallett & Co. (now trading as Halletts) was originally established in 1869. We are located in the heart of pretty Kew Village and have been successfully serving the Kew Gardens area for longer than any other local Agent. As a family run concern we are pleased to offer a friendly, personal and professional service benefitting from decades of combined local knowledge and experience. Covering Kew, Richmond and the surrounding areas. Our Managing Partner, Giles Egan, has been the Chairman of ARIEA (Association of Richmond Independent Estate Agents) since 2017.
Decades of Local Knowledge and Experience
Halletts deal with Residential Sales and Lettings as well as Commercial Property Sales and Rentals and Block Management. Our listing of sales and rental applicants is extensive and we are in constant contact with many Relocation Agencies who deal mainly with Corporate Clients. General and local advertising is included in our fees – your property will be featured on this website as well other major property finding websites with both external and (if applicable) internal photographs and a floor plan. We also advertise in the glossy Richmond Magazine.
A Personal and Professional Service
As well as being able to offer a genuinely personal service, being an independent family business and not part of a large chain means we are able to offer the most attractive terms possible. If you would like to find out more about any of our Sales, Letting or Management services, or to request a Sales or Rental Valuation please contact us.
Avoid the Conveyor Belt Mentality of Larger Agencies
Halletts is a registered member of The Property Ombudsman (TPO) which is an Estate Agents Redress Scheme approved by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT). We therefore subscribe to the TPO Code of Practice for Letting Agents. The Property Ombudsman provides a free, fair and independent service for dealing with unresolved disputes between Halletts and our Clients and Tenants. Halletts have Professional Indemnity Insurance with W/R/B Underwriting and Client Money Protection (CMP) with The UK Association of Letting Agents (UKALA).
Halletts In-House Complaints Procedure
We are committed to providing a professional service to all our clients and customers. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please put it in writing, including as much detail as possible. We will then respond in line with the timeframes set out below (if you feel we have not sought to address your complaints within eight weeks, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Property Ombudsman to consider without our final viewpoint on the matter).
What will happen next?
- We will send you an email acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally be dealt with by the office manager who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who dealt with you. A formal written outcome of our investigation will be sent to you within 15 working days of sending the acknowledgement letter.
- If, at this stage, you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a separate review to take place by a senior member of staff.
- We will write to you within 15 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final viewpoint on the matter.
- If you are still not satisfied after the last stage of the in-house complaint procedure (or more than 8 weeks has elapsed since the complaint was first made) you can request an independent review from The Property Ombudsman without charge.
Please note the following: You will need to submit your complaint to The Property Ombudsman within 12 months of receiving our final viewpoint letter, including any evidence to support your case.
The Property Ombudsman requires that all complaints are addressed through this in-house complaints procedure, before being submitted for an independent review.
"We would all like to thank you for the help and patience that you have provided not only during the sale process, but also since we first met you, and also to our late aunt and her husband over the years. This has been much appreciated and we are grateful for your efforts."